Against the Grain, the premier journal linking publishers, vendors, and librarians, is pleased to announce a new podcast called ATG: The Podcast. This will be yet another way to access news, interviews, and content of importance to the information industry in addition to our print journal and the ATG NewsChannel website.
- Podcast episodes are online at http://www.ATGthePodcast.com.
- To subscribe on iTunes, visit http://bit.ly/atgpodcast_itunes.
- To subscribe on Google Play, visit http://bit.ly/atgpodcast_google.
There are currently seven episodes available with plans to add more regularly. Initial offerings are the audio recordings from the plenary presentations at the 2016 Charleston Conference:
- Episode 1: Anja Smit, Utrect University – You Can’t Preserve What You Don’t Have – or Can You?
- Episode 2: James G. Neal, Columbia University – Libraries as Convener, Enabler, Distributor, Advocate, and Archive in the Future Knowledge Economy
- Episode 3: Kalev Leetaru, Georgetown University – Reimagining our World at Planetary Scale: The Big Data Future of our Libraries
- Episode 4: Hyde Park Debate – APC-Funded Open Access is Antithetical to the Values of Librarianship, with Rick Anderson, University of Utah; Michael Levine-Clark, University of Denver; Alison Scott, UC Riverside.
- Episode 5: The Road Ahead: Patron Driven-Acquisition Might Become… with Rick Anderson, University of Utah and David Parker, Alexander Street Press
- Episode 6: Preservation of Digital Collections and Dark Archives, with Greg Suprock, Head of Solutions Architecture, Apex CoVantage; Craig Van Dyck, Executive Director of the CLOCKSS Archive; Jabin White,Vice President, Portico (Ithaka/JSTOR); David Pcolar, CTO, Digital Preservation Network; Michelle Paolillo – Digital Curation Services Lead, Cornell University.
- Episode 7: Building the Knowledge School, R. David Lankes, Director of the University of South Carolina School of Library and Information Science.
About the Against the Grain:
Against the Grain (ISSN: 1043-2094) is your key to the latest news about libraries, publishers, book jobbers, and subscription agents. Our goal is to link publishers, vendors, and librarians by reporting on the issues, literature, and people that impact the world of books and journals.
There are two distinct components of Against the Grain: the print journal that is published six times a year, in February, April, June, September, and November and December/January, and the ATG NewsChannel website (www.against-the-grain.com) that is updated daily with the latest news, announcements, and online-only content. Although the majority of the online content is open access, our website also allows subscribers to have full-text access to the print issues with a username and password log in. The print and online subscriptions are bundled: an online user account accompanies your print subscription.
P.O. Box 799, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482