The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that our 2014 Call for Papers and Call for Preconferences forms are now open. The 2014 Charleston Conference will be held November 5-8 in beautiful historic downtown Charleston, SC. The 34th annual conference on Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition will have the theme “The Importance of Being Earnest.”
The deadline to submit proposals for preconference sessions through the Call for Preconferences form is April 30, 2014. All preconferences will be held on Wednesday, November 5.
The deadline to submit session proposals through the Call for Papers form is July 18, 2014. We are looking for proposals on any topic relating to collection development and acquisitions, but especially those that tie into our theme, “The Importance of Being Earnest.” The main conference will be held from Thursday, November 6, through Saturday, November 8, and we are seeking proposals for the following sessions:
- Lively (Lunchtime) Discussions: 75 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, focused on audience interaction and discussion. Plan for 35 minutes of presentation and 35 minutes of discussion time. Power Points are discouraged. Bringing your own lunch is optional for attendees. No more than 4 speakers please.
- Concurrent Sessions: 45 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, standard presentation with 5-10 minutes reserved for Q&A..
- Innovation Sessions: 30 minute sessions on Saturday, focused on new technology, innovations, etc.
- Poster Sessions: 60 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, 6 ft. table and chairs provided. You are responsible for bringing your own poster and display board appropriate for table top display.
- Shotgun Sessions: 6 minute, 40 second PowerPoint presentations of 20 slides at 20 seconds each. A group of topically related Shotgun Sessions will be grouped together in a single concurrent session time slot.
Please contact Leah Hinds with any questions at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you in Charleston this November!