Submission Deadline: July 17, 2020
The online proposal form is now closed.
Call for Paper Proposal Guidelines
IMPORTANT: Please read the Program Proposal Instructions BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
DEADLINE: Extended to Friday, July 17, 2020
Requirements Charleston Conference presenters will be required to:
- register for and attend the conference; and
- grant permission for video and/or audio recording and broadcast of their presentation.
It is strongly encouraged, but not required, that you submit a paper for the conference proceedings. If you elect to do so, we ask that you:
- assign the Charleston Conference first publication rights, and
- submit your paper through our Digital Commons portal on the Purdue University Press website using the guidelines and the deadline provided. Slides and rough outlines will not be accepted.
Selection Criteria The Charleston Conference Planning Committee will evaluate the content of your proposal for relevance to the conference theme and threads, originality, and timeliness. Special attention will be given to proposals that:
- are oriented toward providing practical, concrete information for practicing professionals;
- demonstrate innovative or entrepreneurial thinking;
- that include a diverse representation from the different viewpoints and stakeholders in the scholarly communications process;
- generate ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of the library and information industry;
- present strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology; and
- encourage active learning among conference attendees.
PLEASE NOTE: All proposals must include at least one librarian or library worker at the time of submission. Proposals marked “Librarian TBD” will not be accepted. Conference sessions should include a diverse representation from the different viewpoints and stakeholders in the scholarly communications process. Conference sessions are meant for librarians, publishers, and vendors to discuss issues of interest to them all. They are not an opportunity for marketing products or services.