2018 Registration Rates and Deadlines:
Early Bird Registration $465
June 11 –
September 14, 2018 Extended to September 28
Regular Registration $600
September 29 – October 12, 2018
Late Registration $800
After October 12, 2018
Student Registration $95
*Online registration will close on Friday, October 26.
On site registration will be available at the Registration Check-In Desk in the lobby of the Francis Marion Hotel.
Payment must be remitted at the time of registration and no invoices will be generated.
If you register for the Charleston Conference but are unable to attend, you have three options for cancellation:
- Please send all disability accommodation requests to Sharna Williams by September 15.
- On site registration is highly discouraged, but is available if necessary at the late registration rate of $800. Payment will be required upon registration by cash, check, or credit card. Invoices will not be sent afterwards.
What do you get with full conference registration?
- Access to visit the Vendor Showcase on Tuesday from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Plan to meet with reps from over 140 different publishers and vendors.
- Access to all plenary and concurrent sessions on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
- Annual Conference Reception at the SC Aquarium on Wednesday from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
- Networking opportunities throughout the Conference, plus a Happy Hour Mixer and Speed Networking session during the Poster Sessions on Wednesday from 6:00 – 6:45 pm.
- Complimentary shuttle service from all conference hotels to our headquarters at the Francis Marion Hotel.
- Complimentary one-year subscription to Against the Grain, the premier journal linking publishers, vendors, and librarians.
- One page printable (PDF): Making the Case to Attend Charleston
Some feedback from our attendees:
“The most important conference I attend. Vendors, publishers, and librarians side-by-side at the podium and in the audience. There is nothing else like it.”
“Charleston stands out time and again as providing an equal forum for discussion and collaboration across the industry. I always come away bubbling with ideas and insights!”
“Charleston is unique – it’s hard to describe to people who haven’t attended. I think it is where the “big ideas” get discussed. By the same token, there are sessions with lots of practical advice, as well.”
“A very focused conference with many practical sessions. Well-organized.”
“This is a great conference and I recommend it to many. I love the cross-fertilization of publishers and librarians speaking to each other in sessions; it is unique and a treasure within the field.”
“Vibrant conference with excellent content. A must attend for all librarians.”
“This is the only professional conference I attend; all the rest seem irrelevant compared to Charleston.”